Monday, 25 June 2007

Day 1 of Year 5

My very first final year posting: self study!!! I think it's more like an extension of my holidays, which is not good at all. I spent the entire day watching tv, playing games, and writing this post. Its a bit funny to be talking about my Sydney elective again right now but I promised to put up the photos which were taken during that period... so here they are (pics)!!! Once again, the pics were selected from a million photos for your viewing pleasure.

Some of the photos were taken by the girls as my camera ran out of memory. I didn't have the foresight to bring the cable to upload the photos into my laptop as I did not think that I would be taking so many photos. I realised I was wrong on Day 2 when we went to Sydney Opera House - I just kept snapping away...

Just a bit on the girls' nice apartment: it was neat and tidy, carpeted and looked pretty new. The girls tidied up the apartment before we arrived, so I think our dropping by got them really busy. And besides, the spaghetti, salad and brownies which we had were all prepared by them. My job was simple: to buy wine from our secret stash which we chanced upon on one of our many walks in the dark, and to get the roasted chicken from Woolworths (supermarket). As I didn't know anything about wine, I asked some of the ward doctors for "wine which is easy to drink" and that's how I got the names Merlot and Chardonnay. Rose (Ro-seh) was suggested by my friend who is currently working in Paris (she'll be back soon though), so I guess being in an ang-moh country does increase your knowledge about alcohol. We didn't manage to finish all the wine that night (myself, KY, WS and SH were the main drinkers), thus we went back one week later to finish it. This time we bought pizza from Pizza Hut and potato salad from Coles (another supermarket). By the way, among the 3 girls, Ruth enjoyed drinking the most... I was surprised that she did not drink a sip of the left-over wine by herself and that the bottle was left unopened the 2nd time we got there. =p

There are many pictures on the food we ate... everything there tasted really good and the portion was really big as well. Take the ice-cream we had for example. The bowl used to contain the ice cream was roughly the size of the girls' heads! The great tasting food we had daily added much enjoyment to our Sydney experience.

K... that's about it... hopefully I can get some self-studying done tomorrow... although I'm still not sure what to study. Despite this being the 1st day of my final year, I still miss Sydney - I wonder when this holiday mood will finally come to an end...

4 comments:

Lionel said...

blog more blog more! =p

Anonymous said...

blog more blog more! HAHA. PRISON breAK IS SO NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
-qich

Anonymous said...

wow! did u use some pro camera? The pics r soooo clear n sharp n focused! Or u use photoshop like what wen did? =P - boboneo

Anonymous said...

knock knock. hello... we want more! we want more!